Monday 19 January 2015

Geer Week

Geer Week is an week long competition between all the engineering discipline clubs. There are a bunch of events which pose a challenge and in each event we, as a discipline, need to try to beat the other disciplines in getting the most amount of points. The discipline with the most amount of points at the end of the week is named Geer Week Champion!

I, of course, represented Computer Engineering club and participating in a lot of the events throughout the week. Most days there is one small event in the afternoon and one larger events in the evening (an event being bigger or smaller depending on how many points can be gained from it).

The afternoon events consist of timed races most often, such as the toboggan race, the keg race etc. These including events such as small poster and snow sculpture are considered small events.

The evening events are a lot more fun and are worth a lot more points wise and consist of activities such as a scavenger hunt, "Are you smarter than a first year", Battle of the Bands, and Dance Troupe.

It's completely fair to say I scavenged, solved first year puzzles, and danced my way to one of the best weeks of my engineering experience. And I haven't even included the best part, socializing!

I meet so many people and furthermore, became so much closer to other, older Computer Engineers. I can't believe what I was doing all last semester not getting to know these CompE's better! Most of them will be unfortunately graduating this spring but it's safe to say getting to know them was a real blessing.

I love being in CompE



Innovating Life
~ASKalburgi

PS. CompE club is the 2015 Geer Week Champion!