Tuesday 2 September 2014

Summer 2014 - The End and a new Beginning

I've left Toronto and I'm back in Edmonton.

First: the End:

My job at Fourth Dimension was great, I learnt so much and there are a few things that I took away from it that I want to touch on here.


  1. I am a practical learner
  2. I am a good communicator but not professional enough 
Being a practical learner is positive, but it's when you look at it the other way when it becomes bad. That is, I am not into theory, and that's bad. Over the course of the summer, everything I learnt was from trial and error, I didn't study enough to really understand what I was doing. Unfortunately for me, University is all theory. So over the course of the year, when I'm learning theory, I have to relate it as much as possible and put as much practically in my learning as I can. 

Speaking professionally is something that comes with experience, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't make a note of it and practice it. So I'm going to try to speak professionally whenever I talk about school and normally when I talk about other things. 

We'll see how those two work out. 

Lastly, a new life goal. I want to be back in Toronto so bad. I'm not going to stop until I get there. 


Then: the Beginning: 

School starts later this morning and it's such a mix of emotions. I was super excited last night, but now I'm calmer and ready, soon I'll be nervous, and I don't know what else will pop up.

Stay tuned.

Innovating Life
~ASKalburgi